Sunday, March 20, 2011

True Life: I'm a picky eater (Week 9: 2/27- 3/5)

So for someone that is not very fond of snacking, I tend to not really sit down and eat full meals. So much so that, I find myself scrambling to finish using my meals for the week on Saturday and Sundays. How is it possible that I am not able to fully use a ten meal plan for seven days?! Yo no se! So I was thinking of healthy snacks to eat. I consider myself to be on a liquid diet. I will drink cans and cans of iced tea instead of eat things like chips, cookies and such. Those liquid calories can really fool ya! I was thinking of what to make for this week and I remember an interesting cracker topping a good friend of mine, Epiphany, made last year. I saw this as an opportunity to challenge myself. How? I really do not know what the dish is called, so I will have to recreate from memory. Apart from recipes I grew up wit, I have never really done that before but hey, let’s do it! This cracker topping contains greek yogurt, cut apples, golden raisins, onions, lime and lemon juices, and shredded rotisserie chicken. So I cubed (at least I tried to) the apples, then added lime + lemon juices and tossed it. I added the golden raisins, onions, and the chicken. I tossed it again and then added greek yogurt and mixed it all together.  It was very close to the recipe I had last year. Improvements I will make next time is usage of less apples and more chicken! But hurray for cracker toppings! I look forward to serving this when company comes over. Bam!






So the previous week, I make chocolate cookies and I mentioned that although it was ok, I was not entirely impressed. I went looking for another recipe on the lovely allrecipes.com. After many hours of perusing, I found a recipe that a lot of reviews swore by.  Of course that means very little in the execution of the recipe! I found a new recipe, Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. This time, I was no longer shocked at the amount of sugar used for these cookies hehe. I also had chocolate chips this time. I followed the recipe to the teeee! It came out awesome! For the second time, I allowed other to taste what I made (Shout out to D51 and Nemie). Thye actually enjoyed it. It was chewy! It was tasty! It was hmmm hmmm good! So much so that I am being TOLD to make 100 cookies for “someone’s” upcoming birthday (Shaking my head!). The improvement I will make on this recipe is smaller portioning of the dough.


1 comment:

  1. OMG! This looks amazing! I must have some of the cookies!!! We need to have a dinner party and cook together!

    ReplyDelete