Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Country Time? ( Week 5: 1/30- 2/5)

At the risk of perpetrating stereotypes, that is the mildest I can make that title. I was inspired by the constant talk of corn bread, so I decided to make some. Then I started to think about soul food, so I made some chicken wings to go along. This week I was really busy so I had almost no time to cook. I tried a cornbread recipe I found on *drumroll* allrecipes.com The recipe was pretty straight forward and it was quite successful if you ask me. The problem with baking is unless u have a group of people that will consume the food, it tends to go to waste. I did not even attempt to eat all that cornbread by myself!





As I said, I also made some wings. I have to say, I am not a fan of certain chicken meat. I baked the wings because with all the cooking I do, I also need to take little precautions to not make completely unhealthy food. I did not exactly enjoy the chicken. It had tooo much seasonings. I put too much in the black pepper/salt marinade I put it in the night b4. I t was edible but I definitely would not got for seconds.




This week was definitely not a personal favorite but I learned some lessons from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment