Thursday, February 3, 2011

Let’s STIR it up! (Week 4 1/23- 1/29)

Back in school! This semester feels great, although it would have felt more awesome if it was my last here but I am finally taking classes I have interests in! With all the school madness, I have still managed to get in my cooking for the week. I actually cooked a lot this week because I am really not interested in the campus food options anymore. This week I really challenged myself ranging from breakfast food, to dinner. First I attempted my very first recipe attempt- the pancakes! It came out great! I did use eggs this time (see first blog) and I actually had vanilla extract. I think this helped me realize that sometimes you jus have to attempt something again to get it right.


Next up we have what I call stir rice (like stir fry except with rice). I cut together some veggies, a.k.a red and green bell peppers, and some bacon for taste. It was sautéed and a cooked extra long grain rice was added. With some seasoning, and this joint was hmmm hmm good. I LOVE RICE, so it was good to find another way to spice it up!



After seeing how adding the peppers to the rice worked, I decided to try it out with pasta! The choice of pasta was spaghetti. My problem with pasta is, it is really hard to get the seasoning INTO the pasta.  Using the same method I used for the rice, I made my bell pepper spaghetti. It was good. I am not a fan of pasta but it was tasty! As in I would serve it!


Speaking of serving it, I have been thinking a a lot about inviting others over for dinner type thing. It is a very scary concept because I don’t want to invite people and then make something that does not turn out well. So my good friend, Nemie, suggested that I make something that I have made enough times to be comfortable with making it. So look out for your invitation to dinner lunch and maybe brunch ( I can’t fade breakfast. Too early!). This will definitely be a leap of faith, so to say but I look forward to the challenge.

P.S Both the rice and spaghetti meal were accompanied with baked round eye beef seasoned with bacon and a hint of balsamic vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment