Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Meat ‘o’ the sea? (Week 6: 2/6- 2/12)

I’m talking about fish of course! Fish? I LOVE IT! Yup. I actually went through a phase that I required my mom to make my own stew for me because I was not eating chicken. Of course she laughed at my request but she did indulge me occasionally by making fresh fish stew! HMMMMMMM! As much as I love fish stew I also love my fish being cooked in different ways and I enjoy different types of fish. This week I cooked my personal favorite….(wait for it!!!!!!)… SALMON! Now salmon should really be bought fresh, not frozen but I am not making bank, so the frozen one will have to do. For the frozen one, the ones that come in the air tight bags are muchhhhhh better! A note on thawing frozen meat or fish, you don’t want to thaw a frozen meat or fish in hot water. Use barely cold water and just let it sit. What does this teach us? Thaw your meat or fish, hours before to you need them! Another fool proof way to thaw is to move it from freezer to fridge at least 12hours before you need it (Of course this varies based on the weight of the meat) Ok enough  about thawing. I baked salmon and accompanied it with what I would like to call lemon tomato rice. I actually did not follow any recipe with this. I just decided what kind of taste my taste buds were going for. At the time this meal was made. I wanted something lemony.  I diced some tomatoes, onions, some red and green peppers and stirred them in some tomato paste, then added half a squeeze of lemon juice. I layered baking pan with some of this, placed the salmon on top, dotted the salmon with butter and placed slices lemon on top of the salmon. I popped this in the oven at 350 degrees and just let it ride! I semi fried the remaining mixture and added some precooked rice and just RTS (reduced to simmer). This is the final result! This meal MINISTERED to my spirit! I repeat MINISTERED!


No comments:

Post a Comment